Head Varsity Volleyball Coach, for the season beginning, approximately August 1, 2023 and ending November 15, 2023. This position will be responsible for running the Volleyball Program at Presentation, which consists of varsity, junior varsity and freshman teams.
Duties and Specific Responsibilities:
- Schedule games, scrimmages and practices for the Volleyball program.
- Teach and enhance fundamental skills and techniques, as well as advanced techniques in the sport.
- Attend all team practices and games (Mon-Fri afternoons. Some Saturday commitments.)
- Coordinate management of on-site events for all levels with the Athletic Department.
- Attend Athletic meetings as required, including Coaches meetings and season parent meetings.
- Participate in all regional and sectional playoffs to which team is entitled.
- Report all game results to Athletic Department.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate behavior on the part of athletes at practices, games and in transit to and from events.
- Abide by all WCAL and CIF-CCS rules and regulations and attend meetings as required.
Education & Experience:
- Experience playing competitive Volleyball preferred.
- Experience teaching Volleyball skills and strategies that apply to the skill level of the players.
- Professional dedication to athletic development and expertise in coaching.
- Knowledge of appropriate safety measures to ensure the well-being of players.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- CIF - Fundamentals of Coaching Certification required.