Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Head Varsity Volleyball Coach will teach, train and coach students in their assigned sport and in Christian discipleship. The Coach will work to fulfill the mission of honoring the Lord Jesus Christ by providing students an education based upon academic excellence and biblical values.
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills.
- Possess physical stamina required to fulfill the professional obligations of coaching.
- Proficiency in computer and technology applications necessary for the coach role.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to properly use the English language.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Effective time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to schedule and other changes.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
- Scheduling - The coach shall prepare practice and game schedules for the team in coordination with the Athletic Department’s Coaches Manual.
- Teaching – The coach shall be prepared to teach each day of practice and games the sport’s fundamentals related to the activity in which they were hired, in a positive and inclusive manner for all athletes.
- Traveling – The coach shall prepare an itinerary for team travel that emphasizes safety, time management, equipment needs, competition and expenses.
- Equipment – The coach shall distribute, maintain and inventory all uniforms and equipment provided for the team’s use for the season. Making sure that the uniforms and the equipment are well cared for and respected by the team.
- Team Work – The coach will be a part of a team of coaches all working towards common goals for CCS athletics. The coach shall be a team player and enhance the culture of the athletic department and especially the programs mandates, moto, philosophy and goals.