- Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Concussion Education.
- Valid CPR Certification.
- First Aide/Health Safety.
- A thorough knowledge of the sport/activity that is being taught.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training – Lindsey’s Law.
- Alternative to the above qualifications as superintendent and/or board of education may find appropriate.
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns).
- Ensure the safety of students.
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community.
- Work cooperatively with the Athletic Boosters to better the athletic program.
- Follow the athletic policy so there will be consistency in dealing with athletes in a fair and firm manner.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical manner during contests and practices.
- Set up practice schedules.
- Notify parents of athlete(s) needing medical attention, refer for a physical and keep records of injury.
- Responsible for all equipment and inventory in conjunction with the athletic director.
- Responsible for handing out, collecting, cleaning and storage of equipment.
It is the policy of the Marion City Schools Board of Education that the best-qualified applicant shall be selected for each position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, political affiliation, disabling or military status. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to participate in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.