- Valid Virginia teacher certification (preferred).
- Employment as a teacher in the Harrisonburg City Public Schools (preferred).
- Has demonstrated ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport(s).
- Must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
The Athletic Director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the high school Principal.
The Head Coach is expected to instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
Harrisonburg City Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.