The head volleyball coach is responsible for the direction and organization of the Washington & Jefferson College volleyball program. The coach is responsible for the recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student athletes, supervision of coaching staff, practice planning, player skill/leadership development, fiscal responsibility and alumni cultivation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Organize and conduct an appropriate number of practice sessions and direct all activities during contests.
- Coach team members, individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques.
- Develop and implement game strategy and position assignments.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Provide an environment that supports the achievement of the academic goals of the student athlete.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of computers and athletic-related software programs.
- Knowledge of effective strategies which focus on helping an individual improve their skills and performance.
- Knowledge of recruitment to a NCAA Division III athletic department.
- Skill with the setting of learning goals and action planning.
- Skill in instruction of student athletes with fundamentals and principles of the sport.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.