Responsible for all aspects of a successful NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball program including hiring staff, recruiting quality student-athletes, on-court coaching, representing the University with a broad range of internal and external constituencies.
- Commitment to overseeing a women's volleyball program that develops champions in the classroom, in competition and in life.
- Plan, organize and conduct team and individual practices and training.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches and support staff.
- Develop and implement a plan to recruit quality student-athletes.
- Set and communicate team goals and expectations.
- Provide leadership in supporting the academic, personal and physical welfare of student-athletes.
- Represent the university in the promotion of UTSA in general and women's volleyball specifically with a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Develop annual competition schedule with approval of Athletics Director and/or designee.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all University, Conference and NCAA rules.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of eight years of experience as a Women's Volleyball Coach at the Collegiate or professional level. Professional playing experience can replace up to two years of coaching experience.
- Demonstrated success as head or assistant coach.
- Knowledge of technical and strategic qualities in the sport of Women's Volleyball. Knowledge and compliance with all NCAA rules.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.