The Head Coach will work under the supervision of the Athletic Director in accordance with District and Building’s mission and vision.
- Provide age and skill-appropriate training and instruction and coaching to students for the purpose of developing student skills, abilities, attitudes, sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-esteem.
- Teach rules and safety and provide a variety of guidance, instruction and experiences to enhance students’ personal, physical, social and emotional development
- Promote student participants in all sports and the value of being a multi-sport athlete in a positive manner.
- Supervise student behavior, correct behavior and maintain discipline consistent with WIAA regulations and district/building policies and procedures.
- Assist in scheduling sport-related events including coaching meetings, practices and games; and logistics related to the sport including transportation and parent meetings.
- Knowledge of the specific sport, its rules, required skills and abilities, coaching techniques, game strategy, and student development.
- Skill and ability to develop and instruct student athletes, and to apply effective game strategy.
- Skill and ability to motivate students, and to impart sportsmanship, teamwork, and self esteem.
- Skill and ability to effectively communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Skill and ability to develop teamwork and collaboration of various stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.