The Coach fulfills the mission of SJPIICHS by developing, initiating, and administering the women's volleyball program which prepares the student athlete for interscholastic competition. The Coach is recommended to the principal by the athletic director, hired by the principal, and evaluated in consultation with the athletic director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Supports and adheres to the Religious Standards for Catholic School Employees and policies and procedures of the school and Archdiocese.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Models professional conduct and sensible sportsmanship while instilling these characteristics within team members.
- Conducts practice sessions and games according to local diocesan policy and league regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training, or the ability to obtain such upon hiring.