Under indirect supervision, this position is responsible for creating and maintaining a successful volleyball program for the institution. This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics, keeping the Director abreast of all planning, organizing, staff and development of Hocking College’s volleyball program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong public service orientation to work well with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Skill in budget preparation.
- Formulate a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
- Prepare a yearly budget for the volleyball program.
- Purchase equipment and uniforms, and maintaining records of all purchases.
- Insure that all volleyball players meet NJCAA eligibility requirements and prepare eligibility forms to be sent to the NJCAA, and conference member schools.
- Develop a fall and spring schedule.
- Make all travel arrangements for the team and recruiting.
- Develop fundraisers to improve the volleyball program.