The Head Volleyball Coach is responsible for directing and supervising the operation of the volleyball program within the rules and regulations of Lamar University, the Western Athletic Conference and NCAA.
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties.
- Responsible for on court coaching during practice and competition.
- Actively participates in fundraising and development along with the Athletics Director.
- Makes himself/herself available to the news media on appropriate occasions.
- Responsible for conducting a successful recruiting program and will attempt to recruit the best students as well as athletes.
- Recognizes and promotes the best interest of the student-athletes both academically and athletically – encouraging each to graduate.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff members and supervisors required.
- Ability to tolerate constructive criticism and stressful situations required.
- Ability to tolerate flexible hours, nights and weekends required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules required; Strict adherence to established NCAA, Western Athletic Conference, Lamar University and Texas State University System rules and regulations required. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.