The Head Athletic Coach will supervise the athletic program for which assigned and coach the varsity team of his/her school. The Head Coach will direct programs which will instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, safety procedures and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs and conducts a clinic for the program assigned for staff.
- Trains and informs staff; encourages professional growth by attendance at clinics according to district clinic policy and funds available.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season's end, analyzes staff effectiveness and works cooperatively with the building principal in an evaluation of all assistants.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Principal and Coordinator of Secondary Athletics.
- Previous coaching experience of sport to which assigned is preferred.
- Previous experience as participant of sport to which assigned preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Valid Oregon teacher certification is preferred.
- College training in coaching desirable.