The Head Volleyball Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the volleyball program. The successful candidate is to be an exemplary role model for all athletes, school, community, and District. The Head Coach shall recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, and emotional well-being of the individual athlete.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of current or past experience as head or assistant coach, preferred.
- Valid Arkansas teaching license.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor assignments and duties of assistant coaches and annually evaluate all assistant coaches.
- Responsible for creating and executing practice schedules for all levels of the program.
- Responsible for general upkeep, inventory, and protection of athletic equipment.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the Athletic Director regarding any developments in the program.
- Responsible for all purchase orders of the volleyball program.
- Responsible for the development of student athletes including physically, mentally, and character development.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the assigned athletic facility in which sport is conducted.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the Athletic Director.
- Promote the sport by prompt and accurate reporting of all public relations aspects of the sport to the local media.