- Previous coaching experience at the JV and/or Varsity level.
- Knowledge of the applicable sport with playing experience preferred.
- Ability to work with high school students.
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Have, or be able to obtain, all OSAA and NFHS certifications and trainings.
- Be available for daily practices and games.
- Experience working with high school students.
- Capable and knowledgeable with regard to fundraising.
- Understanding of OSAA rules and regulations.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and large groups, including parents, community members and boosters.
- Maintain facilities in such a manner as to be usable and safe.
- Set up well-organized practice schedules so that staff and participants are well-informed and make the best use of the practice time. Assume responsibility for scheduling of practices.
- Maintain effective communication with the entire coaching staff, students, parents, school staff members and media.
- Cooperate with the Athletic Director in matters of scheduling, finances, purchasing and athletic eligibility of student athletes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to district Athletic Handbook and school athletic philosophy and policies.
- Supervise assistant coaches (where applicable) in such a way that they will be aware of their responsibilities at all times and maintain the standards required of all coaches regarding administration, coaching performance and responsibilities, and professional qualities. Determine the system of play to be used, and coordinate the work of assistant coaches.