- Knowledge and adherence to all NCAA, NACC, and Alverno College policies.
- Attend and plan all practices, competitions, and events for assigned sport.
- Evaluate talent, contact prospects, and recruit new student-athletes to Alverno College, working collaboratively with Admissions to help achieve College enrollment goals.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies. Purchase equipment if necessary.
- Provide student-athletes the necessary time and resources to succeed academically, support their academic efforts, and monitor their progress.
- Provide leadership and general support/guidance to student-athletes. Help develop their skill level and increase their knowledge of the game as well.
- Attend all Conference and Departmental meetings.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes, staff, faculty, alumnae, volunteers, and fans.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Significant experience organizing and supervising a sports program is required.
- Requires previous teaching/coaching and/or playing experience in assigned sport to indicate substantial knowledge of technical aspects of the sport including knowledge of NCAA regulations.
- Strong communication skills with faculty, staff, students, potential student athletes, parents, coaches, officials and the public.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and an understanding of student development, including the ability to balance student needs and take on an institutional perspective.
- Requires the ability to work in a team setting and work effectively with a variety of audiences and departments.
Alverno College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workplace diversity.