- Utilize strength & conditioning program to enhance performance of each athlete.
- Emphasize safety precautions, and be aware of the best training and injury procedures.
- Teach appropriate technique and skills.
- Follow and abide by all WVSD and WIAA policies and procedures and assist in articulating and enforcing for the athletes.
- Complete all required administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Properly care for all uniforms, equipment and facilities usage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of game preparation and contest strategy/adjustments.
- Promote the program through media outlets and conduct an end of season celebration to recognize athletes.
- Use appropriate strategies to motivate athletes both intrinsically and extrinsically.
- Use verbal encouragement, past successes, and peer modeling to help ALL athletes believe in themselves inside and outside of sports.
- Credentials: Washington State Teaching Credentials Required. Current First Aid/CPR card required.
- Education: 4-year degree required.
- Experience: Previous volleyball playing experience at the high school level required, college level highly preferred.
- Previous successful head volleyball coaching experience in secondary school or community programs required.
- Volleyball coaching certification preferred.
- Bilingual Preferred.