ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and cultivate a fundamental philosophy, skill development and techniques to be used throughout all seasons of participation, pre and post season.
- Establishes expectations of student-athletes participating in the program, including, but not limited to, accountability, cooperation, collaboration and disciplinary actions.
- Recruit academically prepared student-athletes to be successful at Delta College following recruitment guidelines, ensuring compliance with Delta College, MCCAA and NJCAA regulations.
- Establish and implement off-season activities.
- Collaborate with Athletic Director, Student Success Advisor, Counselors and Teaching/Learning Center in promoting academic success for student-athletes with in your program, including monitoring progress reports.
- Adheres to following and upholding coaches and student-athlete code of conduct as written in each handbook.
- Works in collaboration with the Athletic Director to establish fundraising opportunities, providing additional funds to support the goals of the athletic program.
- 5 – 10 years of increased coaching responsibility at the high school level or higher.
- Knowledge of MCCAA, Region XII and NJCAA regulations for sport coached.
- Understands Title IX and Mandated Reporting.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Availability to travel for team practices, competitions and recruitment.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- College-acceptable driving record must be maintained.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.