Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for student athlete recruiting, organizing, budgeting, teaching and developing skills, team transportation, team conduct, advising and scheduling.
- Develop and maintain a competitive women’s volleyball program within the guidelines and philosophy of CCS and the NWAC.
- Recruit and retain student athletes adhering to the rules and regulations of the NWAC and CCS.
- Teach the fundamentals of volleyball and create practice and game schedules.
- Develop and prepare for approval by the Athletic Director/Dean of Physical Education program budget and follow all CCS budgetary guidelines.
- Follow all state, CCS and CCS Foundation purchasing and travel procedures.
- Promote a diverse college environment and enhance CCS’s visibility in the local community.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to conference rules.
- Encourage and demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times.
- Represent CCS in a positive manner.
- College or high school head coaching experience or experience as an assistant coach at the high school or college level or playing experience at the college level.
- Ability to advise, mentor, guide student athletes.
- Availability to attend all practices and games including during the evenings and weekends.
- High School diploma or College degree required.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category.