- Previous Head Coaching experience preferred.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- A thorough knowledge of Volleyball, skill development, and coaching techniques.
- The presence to be a role model for student athletes and the public face of the program.
- A commitment to the importance of academic excellence and achievement for all student-athletes in the program.
- Demonstrated ability to lead young athletes.
- A highly tuned ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders.
- Skill in organization, time management, and public relations.
- Hire and oversee a staff of assistant coaches with athletic director approval.
- Develop and implement an off-season program for athletes.
- Advocate for multi-sport athletes
- Provide regular communication with parents/families.
- Regularly track the academic progress of all student athletes in the program and facilitate necessary supports to ensure their academic eligibility.
- Works effectively and collaborates with other athletic programs to ensure off season/summer opportunities.
- Hold all student athletes and coaching staff to high expectations.
- Help develop the youth program below the 9th grade level.
- Work with local media as needed and establish strong working relationships with community support groups.