Responsible for teaching and instructing student-athletes in sport skills, academic achievement, spiritual growth and life skills development to support the mission of the institution. Direct oversight of recruiting, scouting, and scheduling for program. Responsibility to ensure compliance with rules and regulations of NCAA, Conference, University, Federal and State regulations.
- Instruct student-athletes, both during practice and competition. Evaluate athletes' skills, and review performance records, in order to determine their fitness and potential in athletics. Organize and conduct practice sessions; arrange and conduct sports-related activities such as training camps, skill-improvement courses, clinics, and/or pre-season try-outs. Adjust coaching techniques based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with the Director for Academic Services to identify and resolve issues. Strive to prevent academic eligibility problems and assist with enforcement of the mandatory study program.
- Monitor the social and spiritual development of student-athletes. Work closely with Athletic Chaplains and other University personnel to develop programs and initiatives to provide proactive guidance on social and spiritual matters and address disciplinary issues as they arise.
- Coordinate community mission and community service outreach. Work with student-athletes to identify opportunities to grow and learn the importance of giving back to community.
- Identify and develop initiatives to integrate student-athletes on campus. Work with student-athletes to teach the importance of campus engagement.
- Develop life skills program. Teaching and instruction will occur in both group settings and individually with student-athletes in areas necessary to succeed personally and professionally. Examples include time management, financial responsibility, leadership, teamwork, etc.
- Two to four years of related experience is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point is preferred.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgments on administrative and procedural issues.