- Have a strong technical and strategic understanding of the game.
- Know how to teach skills, constructively motivate players, and build a tight-knit, supportive, and competitively fearless team culture.
- Relate well with players and build rapport.
- Model excellent character and live the high expectations they have for athletes.
- Teach fundamentals, techniques, and sport-specific and athletic skills, utilizing positive and developmentally-appropriate methods.
- Teach and develop character in all athletes, regardless of talent. Model respectful and professional interaction and sportsmanship with players, opponents, colleagues, and parents. Emphasize sportsmanship and leadership with athletes.
- Relate well and build strong relationships with athletes and all others.
- Create an excited, tight-knit, team-centered, and competitively-fearless team culture.
- Prioritize the health and safety of the athletes.
- Philosophical alignment with striving to win while promoting the bigger picture of character, commitment, and team supportiveness.
- Provide clear direction and goals for the team, consistent with NWS culture and community, articulating goals and expectations in verbally and in writing with players, parents, and the community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or marital status.