Colorado Northwestern Community College is seeking a full-time Head Volleyball Coach to lead the Women’s Volleyball Program. This position is expected to run all practices, games and tournaments as well as actively scout and recruit players and travel with the team. They will monitor student athletes through academic and life skills as well as organize, and conduct, off season camps. This position is responsible for operating a program for student-athletes which includes, recruiting, and coaching, mentoring, guiding, and training student-athletes.
- Supports student-athlete success by ensuring they meet academic standards each semester, identify a program of study and if appropriate a transfer institution within their first semester, register for subsequent semesters within the first two weeks of registration opening, personally oversee athlete study sessions, personally connect players with college resources and personnel to resolve financial, academic, personal and health issues impacting their success.
- Based on college mission, recruit male and female student-athletes to fill and maintain appropriate roster sizes based on NJCAA standards.
- Meets with each athlete once a month to review progress on the student success checklist to include academic, athletic, and other progress or issues. Help athletes in improvement planning and goal setting and monitor their performance on these plans.
- Model and encourage leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive citizenship.
- Responsible for major recruitment efforts for sport.
- Assist in verifying athlete eligibility prior to competition.
- Will serve as the responsible party for student-athlete safety and conduct during all team athletic practices, games, events and activities and notifies the athletic director of any issues.
- The incumbent shall hold a combination of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant sport discipline and experience as a volleyball coach at the interscholastic or intercollegiate level.
- The candidate should possess a relevant degree in a discipline suitable for additional teaching duties and/or administrative practices as applicable.
- Verifiable experience coaching at the Professional/College/Club/High School level.