- Extensive knowledge of Volleyball techniques, strategies, and rules.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate student-athletes.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the academic success and personal development of student-athletes.
- Uphold high ethical standards and promote sportsmanship.
- Ability to work collaboratively with school staff, parents, and the community.
- Required coaching certifications and compliance with all state and local regulations.
- Previous coaching experience, preferably as a head coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level.
- Enforcing attendance for practice time to provide both team and individual development
- Works with the Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices.
- Coaching and instructing players regarding the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Observing players during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual and/or team development.
- Provides feedback on game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Monitoring the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Follows Iowa High School Athletic Association, (IHSAA) regulations and procedures.
- Models sportsman-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and fans.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Participates in special activities to include parent night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.