As Head Volleyball Coach, you would have full responsibility for the general supervision, recruitment, training, and administration of the varsity volleyball program. You would supervise the game management of home athletic contests. You would work closely with the head coach, the security staff, and the Athletic Director in assuring a safe and fan-friendly environment of each home athletic contest assigned.
- Establishes good rapport and generates respect among students, campus colleagues, and the local community.
- Finalizes the schedule for team games; submits schedule to the Athletic Director.
- Completes yearly effective and efficient recruiting; coordinates recruiting efforts through the Enrollment Management, Financial Aid, and Athletic departments.
- Coordinates the issuance and retrieval of all the program’s equipment. Communicates with the Head Athletic Trainer regarding player injuries, rehabilitative processes, and conditioning practices.
- Monitors the academic progress of each student athlete in their program in conjunction with the Senior Associate Athletic Director.
- Coordinates all publications that revolve around their program with the Athletic Communications office.
- Assists with all reports relative to their sport including game and seasonal statistics, season end reports, new records, award recommendations, and other reports deemed necessary.
- Assures accurate bookkeeping on all program-related accounts; must file financial reports promptly and accurately.
- Supervises and secures department facilities; promptly reports items requiring maintenance or security attention to the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university.
- Master’s preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of coaching experience at the college level is preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Regular attendance is required.