The Head Volleyball Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport and exercises direct supervision of recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sports. The Head Volleyball Coach is fully responsible for compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations as well as Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) rules and College policies governing intercollegiate athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in coordination with the Offices of Admission and Financial Aid.
- Develop and manage the sport operations budget including equipment, travel, meals, uniforms, supplies, etc.
- Manage the sport scholarship budget in coordination with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Conduct the sport program in strict accordance with NCAA and GLVC rules and regulations.
- Recruit and supervise coaching staff.
- Organize and administer practice sessions and off-season conditioning program.
- Conduct summer youth camps and clinics.
- Organize and participate in community service and fund raising activities.
- Develop relationships with alumni and other friends and supporters of the College.
- Teach academic and/or activity courses or administrative assignment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Progressive experience as a coach in the sport; head coach and collegiate experience preferred.
- Master’s degree in physical education or related field is preferred with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in academic programs.
- Familiarity with appropriate athletic governing organization rules and regulations (NCAA, GLVC).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the environment of private higher education.