Statement of Position: The Head Volleyball Coach shall be responsible in carrying out the supervision and direction of the volleyball program at Northwest MS Community College.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, Master’s degree preferred, volleyball playing experience preferred, 5 years of successful volleyball coaching experience, successful head coaching experience preferred.
- Supervise and direct all aspects of the volleyball program.
- Be knowledgeable of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Mississippi Association of Community/Junior College (MACJC) conference rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility, recruiting, conduct of coaches, etc.
- Recruit and supervise student-athletes with integrity and with a professional attitude.
- Serve as an active member of the Senatobia Campus administrative and faculty team.
- Along with other coaches and the Senatobia Campus Physical Plant/Maintenance Department, assure that the volleyball court/coliseum (game and practice) is ready when necessary for use, as well for visiting schools.
- Assist with the monitoring of student-athletes in dormitories and establishing regular curfew check schedules. Assist in ensuring out-of-state athletes have appropriate housing when dormitories are closed.
- Assist in ensuring that conduct of the student-athletes are of high standards on the campus and at all school related functions.
- Assure that all practices are designed and operated to provide quality instruction and conditioning as well as assist the strength training staff with the off-season weight and agility programs.
- Assure that all student-athletes in the volleyball program are adequately advised for academic or career/technical instruction with athletic academic advisor.
- Assure that the classroom performance and progress toward graduation of all student-athletes are monitored and are satisfactory along with athletic academic advisor.
- Work with four-year colleges and universities to assist student athletes in obtaining scholarships after graduating from NWCC.
- Serve as public relations representative of the college through public speaking and other public relations opportunities.
- Assist in establishing, coordinating and managing a volleyball camp/clinic for high school and middle school students.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and Campus Vice President.
POSTED: October 29, 2019