Support the Hillsboro School District athletic objective, policy of interscholastic athletics, and Hillsboro School District Athletic Code. The District believes that extra-curricular activities are an integral part of school life. All students, regardless of their ability should take part if possible to be able to grow physically, intellectually, and socially through participation. Coaches organize and conduct the athletic programs to meet the needs of the school District and their participants.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the sport, coaching techniques, and student supervision.
- Ability and willingness to successfully communicate with student/athletes, parents, assistant coaches, and other school staff in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to perform coaching responsibilities in accordance with school and District procedure and policies.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Current Concussion Management and updates on all other OSAA requirements.
- Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or District patrons.
- The ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (bilingual is defined as fluency in reading, writing and speaking two languages as determined by District screening tool).
- "Highly Qualified" status preferred (two years of post-secondary education or an associates (or higher) degree; or District approved academic assessment).