Serve as Head Coach of a high school athletic team and support the development of the athletic program by teaching fundamentals and advanced skills of the sport while following Colorado High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) and Poudre School District guidelines; responsible for all aspects of the program including specific techniques, patterns, offenses, defenses and philosophy of the sport. Coordinate assistant coaches and volunteers, practices and other administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, organize and lead practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport. Supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety. Head coach is responsible for all levels and aspects of the sport (C-team, JV, Varsity).
- Supervise assistant coaches and volunteer coaches.
- Attend and monitor all practices and games.
- Communicate to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Conduct administrative responsibilities including inventory and security of equipment and supplies, budget, transportation, assistant coach certifications, tracking eligibility and academic progress of student athletes, etc.
- Follow all CHSAA and Poudre School District guidelines.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.