DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures the necessary set up and take down of equipment as well as maintaining a clean facility.
- Attends meetings scheduled by the Athletic Director.
- Complies with rules, regulations, and policies of the district (Safe Schools), athletic conference, and O.S.A.A., where applicable.
- Educates student athletes and assistant coaches in safety procedures including the need to report injuries immediately to coach/trainer.
- Fosters team building concepts.
- Implements appropriate procedures for handling injury situations; ensures the availability of a properly supplied first aid kit and emergency care cards at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with disgruntled adults and students.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- CPR/First Aid Certificate required.
- Valid Oregon driver license.
- ASEP Certified Not required at the middle level, is encouraged.