This position is responsible for all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II Women's and Men's Swimming and Diving Program as a component of the University experience, which enhances the students' Assumption education in support of the mission of the University.
- Directs all phases of the women's and men's swimming program;
- Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption University, the NE10 Conference, the NCAA, and other governing bodies;
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and recruiting potential student-athletes;
- Initiates the process for recommending financial athletic aid, the National Letter of Intent and the non-renewal/renewal scholarship recommendations;
- Responsible for areas of the sport's budget, including equipment purchases, travel costs, recruiting expenses, meal allocations and game-day expenses;
- Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions as allowed by the NCAA and University guidelines. Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of competitions and practices;
- Coordinates all scheduling with their Sr. Associate Athletic Director;
- Oversees the conditioning and training of the student-athletes in conjunction with the sports medicine staff and adheres to all policies and procedures within the University's health and safety program.
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University;
- Bachelor's Degree, required;
- Master's Degree, preferred;
- University coaching experience preferred;
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated coaching expertise;
- Must be able to work weekends and nights;
- Strong communication and public relations, management, and leadership skills;
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.