Reinhardt University's Business Office is seeking a Head Women’s Basketball Coach to add to our staff at our main campus in Waleska, GA. The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is a member of the Reinhardt University Athletic Department. The coach is
responsible for maintaining positive public relations for the Athletic Department and for the development of the student-athletes within the intercollegiate basketball program.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Preferred
- 5+ years coaching experience at college level
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Primary responsibilities are coaching and teaching of basketball skills
- Prepares and maintains budget.
- Prepares inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Reports on needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the VP - Director of Athletics.
- Organizes and conducts practice sessions.
- Recruits student-athletes.
- Attends professional meetings, clinics, workshops, etc.
- Works with the Athletic Operations Manager and VP - Director of Athletics regarding publicity and promotion of his/her team.
- Works with the VP - Director of Athletics on scheduling.
- Recommend athletes for awards.
- Furnishes information regarding team roster for eligibility, etc. to the Athletic Operations Manager.
- Responsible for developing training rules and conduct of athletes.
- Acceptance of service on University committees
- Attendance at convocations, graduations, etc.
- Attendance at other campus functions such as plays, dinners, music recitals, etc. when at all possible.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Abides by the NAIA rules.
- Ability to recruit student-athletes
Work Environment/Physical Requirements of the Job:
- Develop a work schedule (office hours) that makes him/her accessible to the student-athlete and other schools.
- Responsible for other details or any other assignment by the VP - Director of Athletics.