Under the general direction of the Director of Athletics, the Head Women's Basketball Coach will be responsible for all aspects of the women's basketball program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, provides leadership for, and conducts all phases of Women's Basketball Program.
- Supervises staff and establishes a strong working relationship with department staff and University community.
- Supports the department's commitment to academic excellence in all interactions with prospects, student-athletes and faculty.
- Monitors student-athlete academic standing to ensure that progress-toward-degree is being met and there is a clear path to graduation.
- Promotes and maintains a culture of compliance regarding institutional policies & procedures and NCAA Division II & CCAA bylaws.
- Develops student-athletes physically, mentally, and emotionally for NCAA Division II competition. Support mission, activities and involvement of women's basketball student-athletes on the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in coaching basketball.
- Thorough knowledge of and commitment to NCAA bylaws.