Walsh University is a member of NCAA Division II that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. The Head Women's Basketball Coach will lead and manage all facets of the program with emphasis on teaching and mentoring team members relative to sport specific skills, NCAA II rules and regulations, individual and team development concepts as well as life skills education.
- Coaching duties: budgets, scheduling, transportation, practices, game preparation.
- Educates and mentors student athletes in all aspects of their holistic development; mind, body and spirit.
- Procurement of equipment as necessary.
- Supervision of Assistant Coaches.
- Supervision of Work-Study Students assigned to Women's Basketball.
- Development of an effective Off-season Program.
- Development and Operation of Clinics and Camps.
- Establishing an environment that supports and promotes academic excellence in student-athletes.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with charity towards students, staff and faculty. Positive attitude a must.
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook.