Under administrative leadership, it is the responsibility of the adjunct instructor to participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses, and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students and support advancement of the vision, mission, and values of the community college district.
- Hold practice daily during the season of sport (Fall).
- Coach team at matches as scheduled by the conference.
- Schedule non-conference matches in compliance with CCCAA rules.
- Schedule necessary time for staff meetings to adequately prepare for practices and games. Recruit actively in the high schools in the area as set by CCCAA rules.
- Maintain good relations with the community colleges, colleagues, students, parents, local media, and area high school coaches.
- Adhere to all regulations, rules procedures and policies for athletic programs as established by the CCCAA, the conference and College of the Desert.
- Any bachelors degree or higher AND two years of professional experience, OR any associate degree AND six years of professional experience. Professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a masters degree. The professional experience required must be directly related to the faculty members teaching assignment.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.