CCS is seeking a Head Women's Basketball Coach. This position is responsible for the management, development and maintenance of a competitive Women's Basketball program within the guidelines of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) and CCS, including during the pre-season and out-of-season.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for student athlete recruiting, organizing, budgeting, teaching and developing skills, team transportation, team conduct, advising and scheduling.
- Develop and maintain a competitive Women’s basketball program within the guidelines and philosophy of CCS and the NWAC.
- Recruit and retain student athletes adhering to the rules and regulations of the NWAC and CCS.
- Teach the fundamentals of basketball and create practice and game schedules.
- Develop and prepare for approval by the Athletic Director/Dean of Physical Education program budget and follow all CCS budgetary guidelines.
- Follow all state, CCS and CCS Foundation purchasing and travel procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College or high school head coaching experience or experience as an assistant coach at the high school or college level.
- Ability to advise, mentor, guide student athletes.
- Availability to attend all practices and games including during the evenings and weekends.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals, objectives and strategic plan of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, and community and technical college system.