The Head Coach is responsible for planning, programming, directing, supervising and implementing the duties and functions of the Women’s Basketball program. The Head Coach must work closely with all others involved in the EPAC, Region XIX and the College in carrying out the mission and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The Head Coach reports directly to the Director of Wellness, Athletics & Recreation.
- Create an atmosphere of and demonstrate a commitment to compliance with all applicable NJAA and Region 19 conference and institutional policies, rules and regulations.
- Teach and demonstrate specific basketball skills.
- Recruit, train and coach student-athletes participating on the women's basketball team and serves as a mentor and exercises leadership, especially to the women's basketball student- athletes and assistant coaches.
- Support student athlete academics and athletic excellence, leadership development, team development and community service.
- Provide administrative oversight for all aspects of the program including team travel, practice scheduling, competition scheduling, game management, fundraising, recruiting and monitoring the academic progress of student athletes.
- Develop and oversee assistant women's basketball coaches.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the department's Title IX and gender equity plans.
- 3-5 years of previous basketball coaching experience at high school or college level.
- Previous coaching experience at four-year or two-year college level preferred.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.
- Experience as a former athlete in a baseball program at high school or college level a plus.
- Must have a valid state issued drivers' license.