WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, the Head Coach will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Administer the program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and Heart of American Athletic Conference (Heart) regulations, eligibility guidelines, initiatives and policies.
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of budget.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program, meeting recruitment goals set by the University.
- Assemble team that meets expectations in all performance standards.
- Be a positive role model for team and the University
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams;
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public.