The Head Women’s Basketball Coach promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include coaching, planning, organizing, recruiting and adherence to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Southland Conference and the NCAA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides instruction, demonstration and teaching of sport dynamics to student-athletes to ensure the maximum potential of individuals and the team as a whole.
- Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions within compliance periods.
- Coaches team during scheduled events.
- Determines and implements strategy to obtain maximum level of team and individual performance.
- Scouts and recruits prospective student-athletes. Coordinates all phases of recruiting activities.
- Works with athletic academic advisors and compliance to determine each student’s academic qualifications and suitability for admission.
- Supervises all contact with prospective student-athletes to avoid violations of NCAA or other recruiting rules and regulations.
- Assists in preparation of budget and administration of program. Works with budget guidelines.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience coaching basketball.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.