The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for leading a program that has enjoyed a rich tradition in the PSAC and NCAA Division II. The Coach will direct all phases of the women’s basketball program, by establishing and maintaining a high standard of excellence, which includes recruiting academically qualified student-athletes, scheduling, scouting, conditioning, supervising the coaching staff, managing the program budget, generating revenue, and other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years successful coaching experience at the NCAA collegiate and/or professional level.
- Successful experience and/or knowledge of recruiting prospective student-athletes; specifically in the PA and Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Successful experience and/or knowledge of fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Knowledge of and experience supervising staff and managing budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate athletic rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure compliance of such regulations.
- Evaluate performance of assistant coaches.
- Develop and conduct pre-season, in-season and off-season training and conditioning programs for the team.
- Recruit student-athletes.
- Inform student-athletes of academic and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Retain and graduate student-athletes.
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.