Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport and exercises direct supervision of recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the sport program in strict compliance with all applicable NCAA and GLVC bylaws.
- Promote academic excellence and graduation by monitoring academic progress, study tables, academic meetings, and class attendance.
- Organize and administer practice sessions and other related training activities.
- Oversee the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in a coordinated effort with the Office of Admission.
- Manage athletically-based financial aid in a coordinated effort with the Office of Student Financial Services.
- and manage the sport operations budget including equipment, travel, meals, uniforms, supplies, etc.
- Coordinate team travel for competition to include van or bus itineraries, lodging, and meals.
- Drive vans to transport team when appropriate.
- Submit appropriate reports and forms to administrative staff as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Master’s degree in physical education or related field is preferred with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in academic program of study.
- Experience with Synergy, Hudl, or other video and analytic software.
- Familiarity with appropriate athletic governing organization rules and regulations (NCAA, GLVC)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the environment of private higher education.
- Have, or be willing to obtain, a Missouri Class E Driver’s License.