The University of Maine at Fort Kent is seeking to hire a Head Women's Basketball Coach. This position will coach intercollegiate women’s basketball, recruit as permitted by USCAA rules, conduct on-the-field teaching, and complete secondary responsibilities in Athletics to service the athletic program and the University. This will be determined by the area of departmental need and the related background of the successful candidate to service the institution in this administrative capacity.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the program.
- Coaches intercollegiate Women’s Basketball.
- Collaborates with the Admissions Department and Recruiting Coordinator in recruiting student athletes.
- Plans, arranges, and directs team practices, travel, and competitions.
- Mentor, advise and track academic eligibility regulations for student athletes.
- Manages the care of team equipment, uniforms and training gear.
- Assists with transportation by driving team vehicles.
- Work closely with Athletic Trainer for student/athletes care and prevention of injuries.
- Arrange competitive game schedule within budget limits.
- To represent the University at professional meetings and other special or public events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior related coaching experience.
- Knowledge of rules and statistics.
- Familiarity with NCAA/NAIA/USCAA standards, rules, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a courteous, tactful and efficient manner, organization skills, detailed-oriented, and ability to meet tight deadlines.