- Promote the mission and goals of Clarkson University, the NCAA and the athletic department.
- Recruit quality student-athletes who will fit the academic and athletic profile for Clarkson University.
- Evaluate prospective student-athletes and decide whether they are potential members of the Clarkson University Basketball Team.
- Determine a recruiting plan for each academic year to evaluate and recruit student-athletes to Clarkson University.
- Effectively develop a teaching/coaching plan that best utilizes the strengths (individual and collective) of the Basketball Team.
- Develop practice and game preparation plans.
- Assist student-athletes with their academic progress by implementing study halls and coordinating with the Student Success Center.
- Work with the athletic administration to develop appropriate non-conference and conference schedules.
- Develop a positive image for the basketball program through various media outlets.
- Tactical and technical expertise in the sport of basketball; excellent communication skills; ability to multi-task; must be able to problem solve, suggest and implement solutions.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience or, success as a head coach at the high school level.
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering the goals and objectives of both, the University and Athletics Department.
- Ability to successfully recruit quality student-athletes.
- Understanding of the role of the student-athlete in a competitive academic/athletic environment.
- Knowledge of the NCAA Division III rules and regulations.