This position is responsible for all aspects of the Southeastern Community College NJCAA Division II Women’s Basketball program including: recruiting and supervision of student-athletes, coordinating and supervising practices, coordinating and facilitating fundraising activities, overseeing travel, budget and the overall daily operations of the women’s basketball program.
- Learn, apply and role-model all SCC policies and procedures; support and abide by strategic goals and expectations of accountability established by the institution, the Student Affairs Division, and the Athletic Department, respectively.
- Embrace and actively engage in continuous process improvement practices that promote regular assessment, support constructive change, and lead to effective improvements in SCC’s Athletic Department processes and services.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships and open-lines of communication with students, colleagues, faculty, staff, administration, and the general public; contribute toward building a positive team working environment; treat others with respect and compassion.
- Apply ethical standards to work situations; make work decisions in accordance with SCC’s values and goals; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, and promote a harassment-free environment
- Work within the SCC Athletic Department to develop and maintain a successful women’s basketball program.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience coaching women’s basketball required, with preference given to college level coaching and playing experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work effectively with students, colleagues, and community, and to assist the athletic and student services departments in general.
- Self-motivated, energetic and creative individual with leadership, planning, fund-raising, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated success and integrity in managing student-athlete academic endeavors.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal oral & written communication skills to interact positively with diverse personalities and populations.