The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is a part-time, 12 month, stipend appointment on a schedule established by the Athletic Director. Internal and external events may occasionally necessitate an altered work schedule. The Head Women’s Basketball Coach must be able to work independently and accurately prioritize tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit student-athletes according to National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Midwest Athletic Conference (MWAC), and Parkland College Athletics Department guidelines.
- Manage team budget and participate in fundraising efforts for the department.
- Plan and schedule league and non-league contests, transportation, and trainings and practice sessions.
- Compile, maintain, and report all game scores and statistics as required by the NJCAA and MWAC.
- Plan and contribute to the team’s technical training sessions; teach proper technique and training methods.
- Serve as a positive role model creating an environment for the team that promotes good sportsmanship, open communication, team discipline, and respect.
- Show athletes how to use fitness center equipment one-on-one or while in a group and instruct on the proper use of modern physical fitness equipment.
- When needed, drive teams to away contests.
- Monitor team member’s academic status, assist with placement of players to four-year colleges, and ensure adherence to NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and past experience coaching and/or teaching basketball.
- Obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Pass a criminal background check which with fingerprinting.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with diverse populations.