Spalding University is seeking the next leader of its women’s basketball program. The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is a full-time position that will report directly to the Director of Athletics and will coach and recruit for the program directly in line with all University, Conference, and NCAA guidelines. Spalding University is located downtown Louisville, Kentucky and we participate in the Saint Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC) as a NCAA Division III member.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, mentor and develop student-athletes.
- Recruit and maintain a championship caliber women’s basketball team.
- Support academic success and the holistic growth personal growth of student-athletes.
- Graduate successful student-athletes.
- Develop practice plans, evaluate film and implement competitive strategies.
- Work closely with admissions and other campus offices to recruit student-athletes
- Manage recruiting database in Front Rush
- Ability to maintain effective work relations with administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Plan season schedule and coordinate team travel.
- Assist in coordinating our Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s preferred.
- Collegiate coaching and playing experience preferred.
Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.