The Women’s Basketball Head Coach will work under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics to recruit, coach, promote, and administrate the operation of the Riverland Community College Women’s Basketball Program. The expectations of The Head Women’s Basketball Coach are to lead a successful basketball program whose team members compete with honor and integrity while furthering the growth of the student-athlete and the Athletic Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops positive relationships with faculty, staff, student athletes, media, alumni, and donors while interacting successfully with department personnel and the college community.
- Conducts a women’s basketball program in compliance with all NJCAA, Region XIII and Riverland Community College Athletic Department rules and regulations.
- Conducts the women’s basketball program in concert with Riverland Community College’s mission and goals, in which student-athletes graduate and achieve competitive success.
- Processes strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of NJCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Demonstrates successful fundraising skills.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3 years of experience in coaching basketball;
- Knowledge of and adherence to NJCAA rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of current styles and techniques and ability to demonstrate these techniques to others;
- Demonstrated ability to recruit highly skilled student athletes from the area;
- Experience in fund-raising and/or public relations;
- Evidence of a valid driver’s license, or ability to acquire a legal driver’s license or qualify for a reasonable accommodation.