The Head Coach is directly responsible for overall direction of the women’s basketball program. Involving recruiting, retaining members, assembling/developing a competent assistant coaching staff, and overall in-season/off-season strategies/programs.
Examples of Duties:
- Formulate a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student athlete.
- Manage and direct the basketball program.
- Coaches the basketball teams.
- Manages all aspects of the team including strength and conditioning, practicing, competing and scheduling.
- Evaluates and recruits qualified student athletes.
- Directs and supervises the assistant basketball coach.
- Responsible for basketball student athlete retention and roster management.
- Responsible for marketing the basketball program.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- College playing experience preferred, coaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Must hold a current Class C Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement or willingness to complete prior to athletic season.