Graceland University is seeking a dynamic and inspiring Head Women’s Flag Football Coach to start and lead our women’s program to the national stage of excellence. Graceland women’s flag football program is a new program looking to start play in the spring of 2024 as an associate member of the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the Women’s Flag Football program, including team organization and make ups, player selection and evaluations, practice planning and implementation, and game planning and strategy.
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Represents the University at campus, alumni, and community functions.
- Coaches/instructs team members individually, and in groups, and demonstrate sport related skills and techniques. May coach/manages a designated skill development area or group of positions. Evaluates individual player skill performance and provides instruction in areas of deficiency as required. Reviews video to evaluate skills and determine needed areas of development.
- Organizes and produces scouting reports/information on opponents.
- Assists with team discipline, player counseling, and related matters requiring discretion, decision making and independent judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience playing, coaching, or involvement in flag football at the high school, college, or national level required.
- Master’s Degree and such experience preferred.
- Effective communicative and public relation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Competent knowledge of sport specific techniques, skill development and game planning.
- An understanding of how to build and manage a team.
- The ability to understand and articulate program needs.