State Fair Community College, an NGCGA-National Collegiate Golf Association, is accepting application from qualified candidates for the Head Coach of the men's golf team. This position upholds the integrity, academic profile and mission of the Athletic Department. The head coach works closely with other coaches, the athletic director and the broader college community to ensure the best experience possible for all student athletes.
Examples of Duties:
- Development of the men and women's golf team; practice planning, training sessions, scheduling contests, monitoring budgets, establish effective communication with team and staff members.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes that meet the mission profile of State Fair athletic department.
- Conduct the team within the rules and regulations and follow the policies and procedures of the NJCAA, Missouri Community College Athletic Conference and the institution.
- Advise and direct assistant coach, team members and student manager.
- Work directly with the athletic director and athletic staff to establish fundraising priories for the athletic department while implementing appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies in accordance with department and institutional standards.
- Help connect student-athletes to all of the resources offered by the institution.
- Bachelor's degree with five years of PGA Professional experience.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to recruit, retain, train and develop student-athletes.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations is required.
- The ability to relate to both internal and external campus constituencies is also required.
AA Statement: SFCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of State Fair Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by law in regard to admissions, awarding financial aid, access to courses and programs, and all student services as well as the recruitment, admission and retention of students.