Reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics for External Affairs, the Head Women’s Golf Coach is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of a NCAA Division I Golf program. This includes promoting the philosophy and objectives of Hofstra University and its Athletic Department. This position will embrace the Athletics Department strategic plan and execute it with unmitigated resolve, while being compliant with all NCAA and CAA rules and regulations.
- Identification, recruitment, retention, and development of quality student-athletes and the overall success of the golf program.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of Hofstra University and the Athletic Department, as well as the rules and regulations of the Colonial Athletic Association and the NCAA.
- Arranges team practice and competitive tournament schedules.
- Exhibits strength in teaching and coaching all technical aspects of the game.
- Monitors the eligibility status and coordinates with academic advisors to monitor study hall.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff and rules education meetings as necessary.
- Manage the team budget including, recruitment, equipment, travel, uniforms, and supplies.
- Responsible for sport specific and program wide fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4+ years of experience in coaching golf at the intercollegiate level.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and organizational skills.