The Women’s Hockey Coach will be responsible for building and maintaining a roster of student athletes, preparing a team through training, and coach the team in all season competitions. Coaches will be evaluated on athlete satisfaction, roster recruitment and retention, mentoring of student athletes and alumni engagement as well as fostering a winning program culture of success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and maintain a roster of qualified and quality student athletes that fit the University mission.
- Conduct daily in season training sessions. Duties include but not limited to: strength and fitness training, teaching and drilling skills, teaching game strategy and tactics, psychological and motivational preparation.
- Monitor academic progress of student athletes while fostering a student centered focus for the team.
- Learn and follow all NCAA rules.
- Remain current in emerging trends in hockey activities.
- Schedule team games a season in advance.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitor and follow team budget.
- Facilitating the development and implementation of an operational plan for the team that is consistent with the University mission.
- Effectively hire and develop a staff for the team to assist in all aspects of team operation.
- Create a culture of engagement and participation for all team members for the achievement of desired goals.
- BS/BA required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Coaching and/or leadership experience related to team operation and development.
- Understanding how to achieve team goals to serve the mission of the department and University.
- Prior budgeting responsibility.
- Experience in working in and supporting a diverse work environment.
- An appreciation and understanding of the latest climate and challenges facing small private universities.
- Demonstrated experience and an appreciation for recruiting today’s student athlete.
- Demonstrated experience and an appreciation for developing and implementing an alumni engagement process.